August 27, 2021
Type of Employment: Hourly (Part-time, seasonal, non-exempt)
Pay Rate: $10-$20 hourly, dependent on qualifications
Expected Start Date: October 1, 2021
Now entering its 27th season, the Gulf Coast Symphony (GCS) is one of the most dynamic and innovative orchestras in the United States. The primary goal of the Gulf Coast Symphony to Create Community through Music. The organization boasts three primary performance groups: a full symphony orchestra comprised of both professional and auditioned community members, a fully professional chamber orchestra, and its jazz collective. High-quality performances with both world-renowned and emerging artists, a history of active community engagement, and commitment to arts education are cornerstone characteristics of the organization. Professionally managed and led, it produces fourteen to sixteen concerts each season in the premiere performing arts venue in Lee County, Florida, the Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall, plus another 100 nights of concerts at its new, more intimate venue, and educational hub, its Music & Arts Community Center. Additionally, numerous educational outreach events, outdoor concerts, and other activities each year. GCS also runs MusicWorks! an after-school El Sistema program. The concert season includes musicals, ballet, classical, pops, opera, jazz, chamber music, world music and other genres. The GCS is committed to performing a broad variety of concerts and creating a diverse, innovative and balanced program of performances, events, community and education projects which reaches the widest possible public, year round. The organization has a current annual budget of $2.7 million dollars.
The Gulf Coast Symphony seeks Stage Crew Member(s) to assist in production operations at the Music and Arts Community Center and other local venues. Responsibilities include the installation of lighting, sound, video, and orchestral equipment, operation of lighting and video equipment, and provide assistance as run crew during live productions. The Stage Crew Member will work directly with the Technical Director and production staff to assist in the completion of duties to create high quality productions for our community.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Attending monthly remote and in-person production meetings.
- Production equipment setup and operation at the Music & Arts Community Center and other local venues.
- Assist with load-in and load-out of production equipment.
- Work directly with the Technical Director and production staff to complete duties in an efficient and safe manner.
- Ability to work and clearly communicate with other production staff.
As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Symphony’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
- The ideal candidate will be solutions-oriented, think critically, and solve problems within a team environment.
- Ability to regularly lift 30 pounds and occasionally lift 80 lbs.
- Commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion, and access.
- Commitment to continuous improvement and ongoing learning.
- Able to provide proof of vaccination and any required booster against COVID-19.
Desirable but not Required
- Knowledge of the arts, theater and/or symphonic music is extremely helpful.
- Knowledge of production equipment.
Gulf Coast Symphony is willing to teach successful candidates about specific practices unique to the performing arts industry as well as provide specific training on current equipment.
How to apply:
To apply please send resume, cover letter and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Gulf Coast Symphony is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates for employment are considered without regard to race, color, sex, creed, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, geneder identity, gender expression, age, non-job related disability, or marital status.