Ensure the Future of Your Gulf Coast Symphony
The Gulf Coast Symphony has always been proud of our community-centric focus, our mission to Create Community Through Music, and our commitment to stand together with our neighbors in good times and in bad. Our music making, and community building, is the hallmark of our 25 years. Just days ago we were joyously celebrating this milestone until this unfortunate crisis interrupted us.
- Our programs like MusicWorks! have helped the underserved children to help them learn music and other skills that will serve them throughout their lives.
- We created entry-level arts administration jobs for visually impaired young adults.
- We have worked with libraries, schools, hospitals and our local soup kitchens to bring music to their constituencies – our constituencies – our neighbors.
- We have filled the hall with delighted audiences as we played the music they wanted to hear, from jazz, Broadway, classical, rock & roll, and even country music.
- We honored the memories of those lost in 9/11, and we played again just weeks after Hurricane Irma devastated our region to help raise spirits, money, and much needed supplies.
But nothing could have prepared us for today. A global health crisis so severe, so sudden, and so deadly, that it threatens not just our lives, but the existence of this great organization. We acted quickly and decisively, making the difficult decision to cancel the remainder of our current season to slow the spread of this deadly virus. And we acted honorably and paid the talented artists who were in midst of rehearsals for Music Man.
We look forward to sharing the Music Man with you in November, and many other incredible performances with you, our beloved audience, in the future. In the immediate term, however, we have much work to do in order to provide critical relief from the financial impact of these decisions. Overnight, our revenue dropped to zero, with an estimated loss of over $500,000 in revenue. A loss of this magnitude could be catastrophic for the Gulf Coast Symphony, which does not have a large endowment to count on in times like these.
During these challenging times, there are several ways you can help ensure the future of the Gulf Coast Symphony, so we can continue to serve our community next year, and beyond:
- Make a tax-deductible contribution. All new and increased gifts will be matched.
- Subscribe to our 2020-2021 Season which will be announced the week of April 3.
We know much is being asked of you today and that many organizations are seeking your support. Because the arts are so vital to the quality of life in our community, we are calling upon our entire Gulf Coast Symphony family to come together now, as generously as you are able, so that we can commit to rebuilding in the months ahead.
With your help, we can emerge from this crisis and begin to heal as a community. In the meantime, we will continue to develop and share online content that we hope will brighten your social distancing efforts.
Get in Touch
We’d love to talk with you about the many options you have to help the Gulf Coast Symphony during this period. Use this form to be contacted by a member of staff or email us at email@example.com.